Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mouse buttons (middle, side, double click) remapped after software update

Hey, I have a weird problem. After the last software update (macOS 10.15.4) my mouse buttons has just remapped and doesn't work properly now. The middle click turns off/on system sound instead of opening a link in a new tab. Side buttons, that previously functioned as back/forward website tab navigation, now function as back/forward songs nav. Double click button pauses/resumes music/video. So basically, everything seems like remapped to control the system sound. 

I'm using gaming mouse from Yenkee. Previously, before the update, it was fine. Moreover, I've tried to remap those buttons with tools like MacMouse Fix or BetterTouchTool, but it just not "recognize" those buttons as a mouse buttons (witch is really weird).

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 10, 2020 2:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2020 3:12 AM

PROBLEM SOLVED! It seems like I have a specific small button on my mouse, which I haven't previously used. It switches my mouse buttons to use as a music control, lol :facepalm emoji:

2 replies

Mouse buttons (middle, side, double click) remapped after software update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.