Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FIXED: iMovie exporting CompressorKit.Error Domain Error -1 cannot export iMovie videos help

Finally!! I want to help you all in solving this issue! First off I tip my hats off to those that have pointed out that the MobileDevice.Framework was the issue. This gave me so much grief for the past 12 hours!

I'm not genius, but I found a way to solve this.

My System: Late 2011 15" MBP ; OSX El Capitan 10.11.6

Firstly, try the following:

• Reinstall iMovie
  • Restart in Safe Mode and reboot
  • Reinstall iTunes
  • Update OSX, iMovie, iTunes
  • Use TimeMachine and restore the MobileDevice.Framework file found in /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ to a file version before you did an iTunes update recently.

If none of the above worked, then you can try my method.

1. Uninstall iTunes: Open finder, applications and drag iTunes into trash (but remember to backup your files before doing so) if you are unable to do this, then:
  2. -Ctrl-click iTunes.app and choose Get Info

-Expand Sharing & Permissions section and click the lock icon

-Type in your admin password

-Set everyone to Read & Write

-Drag iTunes.app to Trash and empty it. 

Next,

1. Find an older version of iTunes, in my case I went here for it and downloaded version 12.4.3: https://support.apple.com/downloads/itunes and download it.
  2. Now we need to disable SIP (system integrity protection) and you do this by rebooting into Single-User Mode (When computer is off, Press and hold power button, cmnd + S + R, in my case) to a terminal screen. Let it load up and type "csrutil disable"
  3. Type Reboot
  4. Once you rebooted, open finder, select Go, then Go to Folder, and type /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/
  5. Look for the file MobileDevice.Framework and drag that to your desktop.
  6. Now install the iTunes you downloaded and it will add in the older version of "MobileDevice.Framework"
  7. Now we must re-enable SIP, reboot, hold cmnd + r + s to boot to single user mode. Type "csrutil enable"
  8. Reboot
  9. Voila! This fixed mines and you can delete the mobile network file you left on the desktop.

Let me know if this helped you!

Disclaimer: I am no expert or programmer etc.

MacBook Pro

Posted on May 10, 2020 3:21 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

May 19, 2020 10:59 PM in response to Cedthegreatest

Thanks for the boost in the right direction, I did not have time machine so I had to get creative, I actually have a second laptop with Mojave but I tunes had not been updated for over a year so I copied the mobile framework from that computer and patched it in with your help and I could not believe I was able to render my videos from I movie now. Probably would have been faster to rebuild the video in the newer, yet smaller screen computer but whatever.

Thanks. I wish I could just load the files somewhere so people could just copy or download the mobile framework and plug it in. my older laptop is as updated as possible but has the 17 screen and I still like to work on it over my smaller unit I use for portability. Good luck, very frustrating to stop using a computer that is out of date but still works but all things must die eventually.

FIXED: iMovie exporting CompressorKit.Error Domain Error -1 cannot export iMovie videos help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.