Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stand ring on Apple Watch

If you know that you were not idle and stood more than one minute which is the proposed amount of time per hour how do you rectify that?

Posted on May 10, 2020 6:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2020 1:30 AM

You have to stand and move as well;

This is a quote from Apple Support website;

The Stand ring shows hours in which you've stood and moved for at least a minute. Complete your daily Stand goal by standing up and moving around for at least 1 minute during 12 different hours in the day. Even if you stand all day, you still need to move around.

The minute that you stand and move around can be anytime from 1 minute after the hour until 1 minute before the next hour.

If you have stand reminders turned on then if you haven't stood yet in the current hour then the watch will remind you to stand at 50 minutes past the hour,this gives you 10 minutes in which to stand and move around before the next hour starts.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2020 1:30 AM in response to jamspress

You have to stand and move as well;

This is a quote from Apple Support website;

The Stand ring shows hours in which you've stood and moved for at least a minute. Complete your daily Stand goal by standing up and moving around for at least 1 minute during 12 different hours in the day. Even if you stand all day, you still need to move around.

The minute that you stand and move around can be anytime from 1 minute after the hour until 1 minute before the next hour.

If you have stand reminders turned on then if you haven't stood yet in the current hour then the watch will remind you to stand at 50 minutes past the hour,this gives you 10 minutes in which to stand and move around before the next hour starts.

Jun 2, 2020 6:16 PM in response to Community User

i have been moving every hour. My total steps so far is almost 15,000. My move ring and exercise ring seem to work fine, but my stand ring is not picking up movement. It got to 10 and stopped, so I ran a mile. The distance and exercise measured it, but stand ring is still at 10. Also battery almost ran down today. That has never happened before. The lights on the back that measure heart rate(?) have stayed on all day too. What should I do? I don’t want to mess up me perfect streak.

Stand ring on Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.