Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer preview signature from Sierra to Mojave - and create a new one on Mac Mini

Hello

can anyone advise how to transfer my signature from an iMac (Sierra) to Mac Mini (Mojave)? A lot of posts refer to a signature.pslist file but I do not have this on Sierra.

If i need to create a new signature to use in Preview, how can I do it using an iPad - and then make it available to the Mac Mini?

Thanks

Mac mini, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 10, 2020 11:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2020 5:21 AM

janiefromoz wrote:

OK. I tried copying:
~/Library/Containers/com.apple.Preview/Data/Library/Preferences
from Sierra to Mojave. There was still no signature available in preview.

I read the instructions to create a signature - this needed either a trackpad, camera or iPhone/iPad. I don't have a trackpad or a camera with the Mac Mini. The iPhone/iPad option was not available either. I think this is a Catalina feature only (?)

I mentioned that I have an iPad as I read that someone used an iPad to create a signature to use in Preview (I think that the article was pre-Catalina but there weren't any instructions, hence my question to this forum).

So how do I get a signature into Preview on the Mac Mini, and have the security of it being encrypted ie - I don't want a simple scanned picture.

Thanks

Fill out and sign PDF forms in Preview on Mac - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2020 5:21 AM in response to janiefromoz

janiefromoz wrote:

OK. I tried copying:

I read the instructions to create a signature - this needed either a trackpad, camera or iPhone/iPad. I don't have a trackpad or a camera with the Mac Mini. The iPhone/iPad option was not available either. I think this is a Catalina feature only (?)

I mentioned that I have an iPad as I read that someone used an iPad to create a signature to use in Preview (I think that the article was pre-Catalina but there weren't any instructions, hence my question to this forum).

So how do I get a signature into Preview on the Mac Mini, and have the security of it being encrypted ie - I don't want a simple scanned picture.

Thanks

May 11, 2020 4:31 AM in response to janiefromoz

janiefromoz wrote:

Hello

can anyone advise how to transfer my signature from an iMac (Sierra) to Mac Mini (Mojave)? A lot of posts refer to a signature.pslist file but I do not have this on Sierra.

If i need to create a new signature to use in Preview, how can I do it using an iPad - and then make it available to the Mac Mini?

Preview Signature is an encrypted file, So to extract might not be possible.

you have access to move these manually, Sierra goes back so far... you can try

From Finder>Go>Go to Folder> copy & paste:

What is the purpose of getting the iPad involved here(?)

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-extract-previews-signatures-for-use-in-other-applications/

May 13, 2020 12:09 AM in response to leroydouglas

OK. I tried copying:

Thanks

Transfer preview signature from Sierra to Mojave - and create a new one on Mac Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.