Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Newsroom Update

Apple and Major League Baseball announce July “Friday Night Baseball” schedule. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Random HDMI signal loss with sony bravia tv and apple TV 4k solution when using HDR. FULL PROOF SOLUTION

I have had the dreaded HDMI signal loss and black flickering screen . I had switched to the hi end belkin cables that have been recommended without success. But I now have, for me a full proof solution.

My SONY bravia was set up to turn on when I switched on the apple tv remote. This was the problem. I de synced the apple TV so now I switch on the TV followed by the apple tv and select the input manually and now I have absolutely no issues. In the apple menu i switched of the remotes ability to switch on the TV. This solution has proved faultless for several weeks. I suspect both devices were attempting to switch to the correct settings and not communicating correctly.

Slightly dull to have no sync set up but much better than the constant flickering black screen of death !

Posted on May 11, 2020 6:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2020 7:55 AM

The network is not the problem. The apple tv flickers as it tries to to find the correct screen format. if you plug in HDMI 4 the problem goes away but you have to use the standard format not HDR. To use 4K HDR you need to use HDMI 2 or 3

Similar questions

2 replies

Random HDMI signal loss with sony bravia tv and apple TV 4k solution when using HDR. FULL PROOF SOLUTION

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.