You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quiet mode on Iphone XR is turning itself on

Why is my XR turning on quiet mode without me knowing it? I know when Do Not Disturb is turned on that it turns on quiet mode but it isn't automatically turning off all the time. Is this a bug or is there something I don't have set up correctly? I am on 13.4.1 IOS

I am missing calls etc because I don't realize quiet mode is on and it is getting annoying.

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on May 11, 2020 7:34 AM

4 replies

Jun 7, 2020 3:47 PM in response to Teddy_B

I have checked all of that and Do Not Disturb is not set in any manner. The problem is that it seems to be setting itself and I get no sounds when calls come in, just a notification of a missed call. When the phone is right next to me and doesn't even vibrate, it is annoying. I have turned the phone off to reset things and that didn't help either.

Is there another setting that I am missing?

May 12, 2020 7:56 AM in response to QuiltedLB

Hello QuiltedLB,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand that your iPhone XR is turning on do not disturb by itself without you being aware. I can definitely see how this could be concerning. I'm happy to help!

To help get to the bottom of this I would first try recommend taking a look at the Do Not Disturb settings on your iPhone.

Use Do Not Disturb on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

"Change your settings"

If you don't want to be disturbed at a certain time, you can set a schedule. Tap Settings > Do Not Disturb and turn on Scheduled. Then set a time.

Please let me know if these steps help.

Cheers!

Quiet mode on Iphone XR is turning itself on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.