Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone xs keeps switching to silent mode by it self

my iphone xs keeps switching to silent mode by it self. Do not disturb is off and I did not change anything of my settings.

Posted on Dec 9, 2020 3:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2020 4:30 AM

Has the switch on the side moved?

I had an iPhone 11 Pro Max that had a bad switch where it would move by itself when jostled enough over time that was solved by having the phone replaced under warranty.

You may want to check your silent switch to see if it feels more loose or floppy than it should, and if it is and you are still under warranty it should be fixed at no charge.

If you are not under warranty, you should contact Apple Support directly and they will go over your options with you.

Contact - Official Apple Support

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2020 4:30 AM in response to MylifeCy

Has the switch on the side moved?

I had an iPhone 11 Pro Max that had a bad switch where it would move by itself when jostled enough over time that was solved by having the phone replaced under warranty.

You may want to check your silent switch to see if it feels more loose or floppy than it should, and if it is and you are still under warranty it should be fixed at no charge.

If you are not under warranty, you should contact Apple Support directly and they will go over your options with you.

Contact - Official Apple Support

Dec 9, 2020 4:32 AM in response to MylifeCy

Hello,

Do you mean that the ring/silent switch changes to the "silent" setting? If so, "are you using a case?" Try removing it.

If not, try this:

1) Go to Settings > Notifications > Messages.  It is turned on?

2) Go to Settings > Sound & Haptics.  Change the "Text Tone" to a different sound.  Does it make a sound?

Note: you can send text messages to yourself for testing purposes.

Good luck.

Dec 11, 2020 1:43 PM in response to MylifeCy

I am having the same issue. Tried all the troubleshooting including factory reset on phone. I can be holding the phone sometimes and see notification that it’s going into silent mode. I have to toggle the switch to undo it. Missed so many calls and messages because it keeps doing it randomly.

my iphone xs keeps switching to silent mode by it self

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.