Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to ask Siri to SHUFFLE all songs from an artist in my library

how to ask Siri (on Homepod) to SHUFFLE all songs (=multiple albums) from an artist in my library?

HomePod, 13

Posted on May 11, 2020 2:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2020 12:01 PM

Hi Vancouver, thanks!

This is really the best solution for now, but I still hope that Apple solves this bug imo. I use Apple Music.

The other side is that you get a huge list of playlists when you do this for all your artists.

5 replies

May 12, 2020 8:20 AM in response to QuickPost

Hi Quickpost,

Thanks for helping out, but

• "Shuffle all songs", plays all songs from my library shuffled
  • “Shuffle all songs by Ed Sheeran", plays my personal radio station with random songs from Apple Music
  • "Shuffle all songs by Ed Sheeran from my library”, plays only 1 album from Ed Sheeran instead of all 3
  • “Shuffle from my music all songs by Ed Sheeran”, plays only 1 album from Ed Sheeran instead of all 3
  • “Shuffle all songs from my library by Ed Sheeran”, plays only 1 album from Ed Sheeran instead of all 3

What I really want is shuffle all my 3 albums by Ed Sheeran which are present in my library (=all MY music by Ed Sheeran) on Homepod.

I am curious about the Siri command for that.

May 14, 2020 4:18 PM in response to marijn22

Glad to help.

You can still Improvise a bit, if you search for Ed Sheeran (or other Artists) on Apple Music, you will see Top Results, Albums, Songs and Playlists. Apple has their own curated Playlists for popular Artists, like Ed Sheeran Essentials (20 songs) and Next Steps (15 songs) are Playlists that contain songs selected from various Albums. Siri will understand these requests because they’re playlists made by Apple! Just be aware Apple updates them and Switches out the tracks. Most Artists have Essentials Playlists.

Other people make playlists as well and you might like using theirs. Apple’s own will say “Apple Music”

I’m just encouraging you to make the most of your subscription.

• Also don’t forget to take advantage of telling Siri what you like or don’t like so it can get to know your tastes and will make playlists for you like a favourites mix.

how to ask Siri to SHUFFLE all songs from an artist in my library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.