Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you ask SIri to play a playlist on my Homepod from my iPhone Library

I have a Homepod (2018). I am trying to ask Siri to play a playlist from my iPhone on the Homepod. However she keep saying she can't find it on Apple Music. I don't even have Apple Music.

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 5:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 5:23 PM

Siri on HomePod should be able to play from your unhidden purchase history, or your iCloud Music Library if you have a subscription to Apple Music or iTunes Match. For anything else there is AirPlay. Use Siri on your iPhone to call up the playlist and AirPlay it to your HomePod.

tt2

7 replies

Jan 6, 2021 7:55 PM in response to larryfromwright city

$10 a month (Apple Music) or $25 a year (iTunes Match [with recognize my voice turned off]) will let you upload your music library from your computer so that your music and playlists are available across a number of computers and devices, including HomePod. Apple Music also gives you access to almost everything in the iTunes catalog. If neither service appeals you can use AirPlay. You can even use Siri on your iPhone to start that off, Siri on HomePod doesn't know what is on your iPhone.

Use Feedback - HomePod - Apple to suggest improvements to Apple.

tt2

Jan 6, 2021 7:36 PM in response to turingtest2

You have got to be kidding. So let me get this straight. I pay $300 for speaker. It will allow me to ask Siri to turn on 3rd party lights, or change the temperature on my 3rd party Thermostat, or control an electric switch. However I need to pay Apple $10 a month in order to ask Siri to play my songs on from $1500 APPLE phone on my $300 APPLE speaker. This takes monopolistic behavior to a new level. Trying to extort money out of some of their best customers just so they can sell services isn't a good business model. I bought my HomePod shortly after they came out and it has been not much more than a short order Smart Home speaker until just the last 6-9 months, so I was somewhat excited that they might finally be giving it some functionality. You would have thought that considering this, they would have looked for every practical way they could to improve the customers experience to use their products. That certainly isn't the case.

Jan 6, 2021 8:13 PM in response to turingtest2

Sorry I would have to disagree. Siri knows what is in Homekit and can react to it. She can also send text messages from contacts on my phone or make phone calls to my contacts. In addition I can ask Siri to play music on my iPhone from my iPhone. So it seems it is just a matter of Apple either failing to include the capability to do this or purposely not doing it. I have no intention of having my music library up into iCloud and certainly not going to pay Apple to allow me to play my own music in this manner. The only reason I can think of is that Apple just wants more money and not satisfied customers.

How do you ask SIri to play a playlist on my Homepod from my iPhone Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.