Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod and Siri “can’t find my playlist in Apple Music”

I’ve got several playlists on my iPhone 12. When I ask Siri to play them on my HomePod, all will play except one. Siri says it can’t find this one playlist on Apple Music. I’ve followed instructions on previous threads to correct this—such as unsyncing, resyncing, and turning Siri and search buttons on and off—to no avail. Anyone have a different solution? Thanks!

Posted on Apr 13, 2022 9:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2022 12:52 PM

No, neither do I. Something is clearly odd. Reboot router, power cycle HomePod. Assuming that hasn't help sign out of your Apple ID on the HomePod for music, then sign in again. Failing that see if Apple Support have any bright ideas.

tt2

9 replies

Apr 13, 2022 3:23 PM in response to turingtest2

A quick update: I tried to play my playlist in my car via Siri--to no avail. She said she couldn't find the playlist in my apple music library. That's a bit odd since my playlists, and songs, are physically on my phone. I did this to be able to play my music in the absence of wifi or a cell signal. So I guess this means it's not the HomePod per se...

Apr 19, 2022 10:24 AM in response to Ichthyoman

A quick update on this situation that may help others in the same boat. I talked to Apple Support about my problem and, in the end, they recommended erasing and restoring my Iphone 12. Which, after thinking about it, seemed rather extreme--why would a dramatic reset of my phone clear up the issue of siri not shuffling one of my eight playlists? Also, what would the reset of my phone do for my Homepod--which also won't shuffle that single playlist. Notice that I said "shuffle"--siri won't shuffle that playlist but she will "play" it. Go figure.

All in all, this wasn't a huge deal for me because I could shuffle the playlist manually if I wanted to from my phone to the homepod. But it was a mystery. So this morning I asked siri to shuffle the playlist, but I used different words. Instead of saying "Hey siri shuffle my rock playlist" I said "Hey siri shuffle the rock playlist from my library"--and it worked! This will get me by until the folks at Apple correct the situation. Hope this helps!

HomePod and Siri “can’t find my playlist in Apple Music”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.