Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV slow/freezing, not updating, WIFI not showing under Network

Hi there,

I have a 3rd generation Apple TV. It has been running very slowly and keeps freezing when trying to watch videos on Netflix or Amazon Prime. I can sometimes start watching something, but then after a minute or two it stops loading and freezes.

I have checked my internet and it seems to be working as my other devices can connect with no issues.

I have attempted restarting my Apple TV and this does not seem to be solving the problem.

I checked and it says that I have Software Updates available, however each time that I try to update, it will start to download then freeze, and the message will pop up that the update could not be completed at this time and to try again later. (I have tried several times with no success)

I have also gone into General-> Network to look at my connections. The WIFI option is not showing up. It is showing that I have Ethernet connection, but I seem to remember having connected it to WIFI before.

I am wondering if anyone has any advice for how to fix this problem.

Thanks so much in advance!

Apple TV

Posted on May 11, 2020 3:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2020 6:48 PM

Hello,

Please refer to the following Apple Support document.

Get help with Wi-Fi networks on your Apple TV - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies

Apple TV slow/freezing, not updating, WIFI not showing under Network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.