Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google Drive videos NOT showing up in Photos on iPhone

Hi there,

So I download a video from Google Drive and tried to Save the Video through the Google drive app, but when I looked for it in my Photos on my iPhone, Nothing showed up. The video is not there at all.

I've deleted quite a lot of things off my phone where I couldn't use my phone originally for the video because I didn't have enough storage on it. Anyways, I have an iPhone 5. And I honestly thought my video was going to be okay to send from my email to my cell phone without Google Drive, but it went into Google Drive because the file size was too big.

So is there a way to have a downloaded/saved video from Google Drive to show up in my photos? I'm trying to put it on Instagram where I can't figure out how to post something on Instagram using my computer.

iPhone SE

Posted on May 11, 2020 3:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2020 2:11 PM

Hello leelovesmusic,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with Google Drive.

Please ensure you are downloading correctly, as the help guide shows you can download and save to different locations: Download a file google Drive Help

​Download a file to a different app

1. Open the Google Drive app.
  2. Next to to file you want to download, tap More .
  3. Choose an option:
    • Download the file to your phone: tap Save to Files  Choose where you want to save the file  Add.
    • Open the file within another app: tap Open in  Choose the app you want to use.

Save a photo or video to your camera roll

3. Tap Send a copy.
  4. Depending on your file, tap Save image or Save video.

If using iCloud Drive, the Photos may be getting saved to the Files app: Use the Files app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2020 2:11 PM in response to leelovesmusic

Hello leelovesmusic,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with Google Drive.

Please ensure you are downloading correctly, as the help guide shows you can download and save to different locations: Download a file google Drive Help

​Download a file to a different app

3. Choose an option:
    • Download the file to your phone: tap Save to Files  Choose where you want to save the file  Add.
    • Open the file within another app: tap Open in  Choose the app you want to use.

Save a photo or video to your camera roll

3. Tap Send a copy.
  4. Depending on your file, tap Save image or Save video.

If using iCloud Drive, the Photos may be getting saved to the Files app: Use the Files app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

May 12, 2020 4:39 PM in response to leelovesmusic

Hello leelovesmusic,

Thanks for the updated info. Here are a few more things to check.

1. I recommend checking if you have the storage space locally on your device, and in iCloud, since it may factor in depending on your settings: About storage on your device and in iCloud - Apple Support

2. If you need to make space in iCloud, please check this article: Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

3. If you need to make space on your device, please check these two articles:

If you need more space for an update - Apple Support

Manage your photo and video storage - Apple Support

4. Also verify the format the video is in, as it may not be compatible with your device: iPhone SE Technical Specifications - Apple

"Video Playback

• Video formats supported: HEVC, H.264, MPEG‑4 Part 2, and Motion JPEG
  • Supports Dolby Vision and HDR10 content
  • AirPlay Mirroring, photos, and video out to Apple TV (2nd generation or later)6
  • Video mirroring and video out support: Up to 1080p through Lightning Digital AV Adapter and Lightning to VGA Adapter (adapters sold separately)"

5. If these have not resolved your issue, since this is occurring in Google Drive, I recommend contacting Google for help with their product and other download options. How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

May 12, 2020 3:31 PM in response to Teddy_B

Hi Jameson,

Thank you for your response, but I just now tried the first option where it shows something about "Open in," but my phone is telling me that my video can't be downloaded. And I've tried the 2nd method multiple times where that does Not work at all whatsoever.

I do follow the steps correctly too where I open the app, I tap More along with "send a copy, and I click on "Save video," but will not show up in my photos on my phone at all. I will admit I have a ton of photos on my phone where I have deleted a whole lot of photos off my phone--redid the steps and that still wouldn't allow it to get downloaded to my phone for some reason.

Google Drive videos NOT showing up in Photos on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.