Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a new iPhone 7 but cannot sync iTunes from my MacBook Pro. One album has succesfully appeared but no Playlists or other albums. I have tried USB and Wi-Fi

iTunes not syncing to iPhone 7.

Can anyone help?

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on May 12, 2020 4:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2020 7:17 PM

Hey there DAC1083,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re having issues syncing music from iTunes to your new iPhone 7. I’ll be happy to help.

If you’re not getting any errors when syncing, start by ensuring iTunes and your iPhone are up to date. These links can help:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Update to the latest version of iTunes

Then check if only certain music is set to sync to your iPhone. Look under step 4 of ‘Sync music to your device’ from this article for more info:

Sync music between your Mac and iPhone or iPad

If that doesn’t help, make sure the music you’re syncing is downloaded if they are purchased from the iTunes Store. If you’re streaming the songs, this could be why they are not syncing over.

If you are getting an error when syncing, go through the steps in this link for ways to resolve the issue:

If you see an error in Finder or iTunes on your computer

Let me know if this helps.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2020 7:17 PM in response to DAC1083

Hey there DAC1083,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re having issues syncing music from iTunes to your new iPhone 7. I’ll be happy to help.

If you’re not getting any errors when syncing, start by ensuring iTunes and your iPhone are up to date. These links can help:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Update to the latest version of iTunes

Then check if only certain music is set to sync to your iPhone. Look under step 4 of ‘Sync music to your device’ from this article for more info:

Sync music between your Mac and iPhone or iPad

If that doesn’t help, make sure the music you’re syncing is downloaded if they are purchased from the iTunes Store. If you’re streaming the songs, this could be why they are not syncing over.

If you are getting an error when syncing, go through the steps in this link for ways to resolve the issue:

If you see an error in Finder or iTunes on your computer

Let me know if this helps.

I have a new iPhone 7 but cannot sync iTunes from my MacBook Pro. One album has succesfully appeared but no Playlists or other albums. I have tried USB and Wi-Fi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.