Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes won't let me sign into account

I've been having this problem for quite some time. My Mac was previously set up with an Apple ID with @iCloud.com, and i somehow got it to switch to my gmail Apple ID so that my phone and computer both have the same Apple ID. HOWEVER- my iTunes account on my Mac isn't synched with my iphone's Apple Music for some reason. Every time I try and access my iTunes account on my Mac (so that I can change it to my gmail one that on my phone) it says error 9039 and won't let me do anything!!! Help plz

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 12, 2020 12:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2020 9:14 AM

Hello g_cal99,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to log into your Apple ID for the Music app on your MacBook Air. First, make sure your Mac is up to date, as the updates contain stability fixes that can resolve issues like yours, as well as important security updates to keep your Mac safe. Then make sure your MacBook Air is authorized, and check that you can sign into this Apple ID on the appleid.apple.com website and test your issue again:

How to update the software on your Mac

Use the App Store to update apps on Mac

Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2020 9:14 AM in response to g_cal99

Hello g_cal99,

Thanks for that info and for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to log into your Apple ID for the Music app on your MacBook Air. First, make sure your Mac is up to date, as the updates contain stability fixes that can resolve issues like yours, as well as important security updates to keep your Mac safe. Then make sure your MacBook Air is authorized, and check that you can sign into this Apple ID on the appleid.apple.com website and test your issue again:

How to update the software on your Mac

Use the App Store to update apps on Mac

Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases

Cheers!

iTunes won't let me sign into account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.