Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook Air runs slow and is very hot, what can I do?

These days, my MacBook Air has been running very slow. When I'm reading on the computer for 5 minutes, for example, and I want to change the page, I have to wait because it is frozen, not the cursor but the functions yes. And sometimes the fan makes a lot of noise and gets hot. I'm not sure when I should turn it off or put it to sleep and I don't know if it's related to the problems that I'm having or what should I do to prevent this from happening.

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 12, 2020 11:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2020 7:44 AM

MacKMt wrote:

These days, my MacBook Air has been running very slow. When I'm reading on the computer for 5 minutes, for example, and I want to change the page, I have to wait because it is frozen, not the cursor but the functions yes. And sometimes the fan makes a lot of noise and gets hot. I'm not sure when I should turn it off or put it to sleep and I don't know if it's related to the problems that I'm having or what should I do to prevent this from happening.

Keep your Mac notebook within acceptable operating temperatures

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201640

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2020 7:44 AM in response to MacKMt

MacKMt wrote:

Keep your Mac notebook within acceptable operating temperatures

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201640

My MacBook Air runs slow and is very hot, what can I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.