Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 Pro Max Can not set simple passcode.

I use to use a simple passcode, 4 digits... same as ATM PIN. Then in an IOS update I was required to use a 6 digit passcode, so I used my ATM PIN for overseas (They Require 6 Digits).

When I got my iPhone 11 Pro Max it required me to use my Apple ID password. My Apple ID password is 26 characters, upper, lower, special and such. It's annoying. Since I no longer have my fingerprint functionality I setup facial recognition right away.

Now that I have to wear a mask everywhere I go that has proven pointless. Entering in my Apple ID password is a nightmare and constantly unsuccessful with gloves on.

I attempted to set my passcode to the same passcode I use on my iPad 12.9 2020 with all the same features (Apple Pay) and apps (Banking & Investments) as my iPhone and for what ever idiotic reason it will not allow me to change it. Every code I enter 4, 6 and even 8 digits is rejected and will not let me use it.

This is ridiculous! There has to be a way to set at least a 6 digit passcode as my iPad allows it. I can not find any way to bypass this error of "This passcode can be easily guessed" and an automatic "Cancel".

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on May 13, 2020 3:59 PM

10 replies

May 13, 2020 4:32 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

I don't get that at all.

Settings - Face ID & Passcode - (Enter Passcode) - Change Passcode - (Enter your old passcode) - (Enter your new passcode) - 593729 (Just one I tried) - "This passcode can be easily guessed..." - Change Passcode - that is my only option and it clears and starts over.

My brother uses 1111 and upgraded last week to iPhone 11. It forced me to make his code 6 digits and I used 111111 and it works. Mine does not! I have gone through all my Apple ID settings to see if there is a security feature activated to force this high security on my iPhone and I can not fins anything.

I do not even get the dots, full edge to edge input field and no options either. I.e. the three choices above your cancel sample.

May 13, 2020 5:12 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Yes. I have an Amazon Workmail account for my domains hosted on RT53 and I have a Microsoft Outlook account. All configured through Apple Mail App, but I do get errors when I connect to a VPN or unknown WiFi that Exchange Server can not retrieve mail and it requests my Microsoft password to re-authenticate. So I think it would be Microsoft over Amazon with the requirements.

Is there any options in this case? Without removing the account?

iPhone 11 Pro Max Can not set simple passcode.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.