Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need a way to force an ipad pro to use its own speakers even when an audio device is plugged in

I just recently got an ipad (pro 2018 512 gb) and a usb c hub (iogear GUD3C03). The usb C hub has an audio jack, the problem is that the ipad sends the audio to that port, wether there is something plugged into it or not. It would be super helpful if ios had a persistent option to select ipad speakers as the audio out.

Does something like that exist by any chance?

Posted on May 14, 2020 5:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2020 6:08 AM

This behaviour will be a function of the USB hub that you have connected to your iPad. USB hub devices are not created equally - and some are more “intelligent“ and flexible than others.

You’ll need to contact the manufacturer of your third-party USB hub for guidance - but, ultimately, you may have to replace the hub with something more suited to your needs.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 14, 2020 6:08 AM in response to LargeChungus

This behaviour will be a function of the USB hub that you have connected to your iPad. USB hub devices are not created equally - and some are more “intelligent“ and flexible than others.

You’ll need to contact the manufacturer of your third-party USB hub for guidance - but, ultimately, you may have to replace the hub with something more suited to your needs.

I need a way to force an ipad pro to use its own speakers even when an audio device is plugged in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.