Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I still need to purchase additional iCloud storage if I buy a new phone with more GB

I have an iPhone 6 with 64GB and I purchase iCloud storage for .99/month. If I buy an iPhone 11 with 128GB, will I still need to purchase iCloud storage?

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on May 14, 2020 8:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2020 9:27 AM

No worries, this can get confusing. If you upgrade your phone storage you do not have to upgrade your storage. iCloud storage can be used for photos, music and files and is independent of phone storage. Since you are only using 25GB on your old device, there is no need to upgrade the cloud storage when you use your 128GB phone. I hope that makes sense.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 14, 2020 9:27 AM in response to RugysGrandma

No worries, this can get confusing. If you upgrade your phone storage you do not have to upgrade your storage. iCloud storage can be used for photos, music and files and is independent of phone storage. Since you are only using 25GB on your old device, there is no need to upgrade the cloud storage when you use your 128GB phone. I hope that makes sense.

Do I still need to purchase additional iCloud storage if I buy a new phone with more GB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.