Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgraded Reminders

I upgraded my Reminders without knowing that I would not be able to upgrade my iMac. It seems that my iMac cannot be upgraded to Catalina. I want my old Reminders back. Is there any way I can undo the upgrade of the Reminders and get my old Reminders back?

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.12

Posted on May 14, 2020 10:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2020 8:10 PM

Please be very specific as to the model/year of your iMac (the purchase date is irrelevant). Apparently yours is not a 2012.

A late 2012 iMac can indeed install Catalina:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210222

And, it seems you are telling us that you upgraded your iOS including the Reminders app and now need to upgrade the Reminders app on your Mac?

Well, on an iDevice, you cannot roll back to an earlier version.

Or am I misunderstanding your question?

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 14, 2020 8:10 PM in response to anita251

Please be very specific as to the model/year of your iMac (the purchase date is irrelevant). Apparently yours is not a 2012.

A late 2012 iMac can indeed install Catalina:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210222

And, it seems you are telling us that you upgraded your iOS including the Reminders app and now need to upgrade the Reminders app on your Mac?

Well, on an iDevice, you cannot roll back to an earlier version.

Or am I misunderstanding your question?

May 14, 2020 7:10 PM in response to babowa

Thanks a lot for responding to my inquiry. I appreciate it.

I have an iMac Sierra OS version 10.12.6. As I recall, this version was not the original one installed when I purchased the computer in 2012. I think it's been upgraded at least one time. I cannot upgrade the OS (to version Catalina, which is required to upgrade the Reminders app); when I tried I received a response that my system could not be upgraded to that version. As a result, when I open Reminders, all I get is "The creator of this list has upgraded these reminders. Learn more here: https://support.apple.com/HT210220. That link then enables the upgraded version of Reminders to open. But I must do this every time to get to the (upgraded) Reminders app. I'd love to get my old Reminders app back.

Can the old Reminders be reinstalled, somewhere in my system? Probably not, right?

Thanks again.

May 16, 2020 10:18 AM in response to babowa

Hello. No, I don't think I upgraded my IOS. I only know that I thougt I recall upgrading it quite some time ago. All I know is that I was advised that I needed to install OS Catalina in order to upgrade Reminders. When I tried to do that, I got a message indicating that I could not upgrade my system to Catalina. I believe that my OS is too old. It was originally installed in late 2011. My current OS is Sierra version 10.12.6.

I can access my new Reminders app by going to https://support.apple.com/HT210220, which I have done and then the new Reminders app appears on my screen. I don't understand how I can see the new Reminders by going to that link, but the new Reminders does not remain in my system. I must go to that link every time I try to open Reminders.

May 14, 2020 6:42 PM in response to anita251

If you are referring to the app on your Mac, then would you please post how you upgraded the Reminders app please. Reminders is a part of the mac OS and it can only be "upgraded" if you upgrade or update the OS - according to your profile, you are running 10.12; so am I and my Reminders app was installed in 2016 and has not been updated since (or at least there is no notation of it).

May 16, 2020 11:02 AM in response to anita251

So, your Mac is a 2011 or earlier, not a 2012 (it does not matter when you bought it, but rather when it was manufactured).

A 2011 cannot run Catalina; you can go to 10.13, but that will not get you the new Reminders.

So, you can either continue using it the way you have been (with that popup window), or get a Mac that can run Catalina.

Upgraded Reminders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.