Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Board Defective

Appreciate if anyone here can help me with this,

I bought a new 2017 Macbook Pro March 2018 with an extended warranty of 2 years from a local electronic retailer here in Qatar.

The Macbook did not power up 2 months ago and I have the service centre come back to me saying the logic board is defective. approx 686 US $ to get this replaced !

Is this normal ? Has anyone else had this issue or am i unlucky to have bought a defective piece

I have owned other laptops for ages prior to moving to a Mac and never had to deal with an expensive repair as this. I cannot afford this and not sure what to do,

Appreciate any feedback,

Regards

Prashanth

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 14, 2020 12:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2020 5:06 PM

If the Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider did not see the AppleCare+ coverage, then the extended coverage may not be properly registered with Apple or Apple's systems have a glitch. You should be able to provide Apple or the AASP with the proof of purchase for the extended coverage. They will then submit the information to Apple for validation and approval. If Apple accepts your receipt for the extended coverage, then the repair should be covered under warranty (assuming no accidental damage, or at a reduced cost if there is accidental damage).

No matter what you need to discuss the issue with the Apple Store, the AASP, the retailer where you purchased the extended coverage, or with Apple support directly (click the "Contact Support" link at the top right of this page).

Are you sure the extended coverage you purchased was for AppleCare+ or may it have been an extended warranty provided by the retailer from whom you purchased the laptop? If the latter, then the extended warranty coverage would be through the retailer where you purchased the laptop (or the vendor who is under contract by the retailer to provide the extended service -- which may not be an official Apple repair).

Good luck.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 14, 2020 5:06 PM in response to pmenon78

If the Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider did not see the AppleCare+ coverage, then the extended coverage may not be properly registered with Apple or Apple's systems have a glitch. You should be able to provide Apple or the AASP with the proof of purchase for the extended coverage. They will then submit the information to Apple for validation and approval. If Apple accepts your receipt for the extended coverage, then the repair should be covered under warranty (assuming no accidental damage, or at a reduced cost if there is accidental damage).

No matter what you need to discuss the issue with the Apple Store, the AASP, the retailer where you purchased the extended coverage, or with Apple support directly (click the "Contact Support" link at the top right of this page).

Are you sure the extended coverage you purchased was for AppleCare+ or may it have been an extended warranty provided by the retailer from whom you purchased the laptop? If the latter, then the extended warranty coverage would be through the retailer where you purchased the laptop (or the vendor who is under contract by the retailer to provide the extended service -- which may not be an official Apple repair).

Good luck.

May 14, 2020 12:46 PM in response to pmenon78

Sorry, but there is nothing we can do to help you.

FYI: These are user-only forums. This is not Apple Support. if you need to contact Apple Support, then contact product and tech support:  Contacting Apple for support and service including international calling numbers.

These forums only provide help with Apple products. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Logic Board Defective

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.