Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air logic board failure

I've my MacBook Air for 1 year and 2 months, my warranty was only for 12 months, so i'm not in the warranty anymore.

I was using my MacBook normally, out of the power, and suddenly it turned off and I started to smell a burnt coming from inside. I brought my device to my local Apple store to find the problem was logic board failure.

After they told me the extortionate price to fix my MacBook. The problem is my device lasted just 1 year and 2 months...

I don't know what to do.. I don't have the money and I need the mac for work.

I red some articles, but can't find anything oficial: https://9to5mac.com/2019/06/30/macbook-air-logic-board-issue-power-apple/

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 24, 2019 11:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2019 12:22 PM

Sorry, but there is nothing anyone here can do to help you with this. We are just fellow Apple-product users. Apple representatives, may or may not, respond to posts. If you feel that this is a manufacturing defect, then you already know that the Apple warranty is only valid for one year. Unless you opted to purchase an AppleCare+ plan, you will have to bear the burden of any repair costs.

At present, Apple does not have a recall/exchange program for this particular issue.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2019 12:22 PM in response to lucasmathias

Sorry, but there is nothing anyone here can do to help you with this. We are just fellow Apple-product users. Apple representatives, may or may not, respond to posts. If you feel that this is a manufacturing defect, then you already know that the Apple warranty is only valid for one year. Unless you opted to purchase an AppleCare+ plan, you will have to bear the burden of any repair costs.

At present, Apple does not have a recall/exchange program for this particular issue.

MacBook Air logic board failure

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.