Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Edit audio of recorded presentation

Hi!

I recorded a presentation in Keynote and would like to edit my recording of some slides.

I only find a way to re-record the whole presentation from a certain point onwards. So it seems that I have to re-record the major part of the presentation risking new slips of tongues etc.

Is there a way to just re-record the text for a certain slide without redoing the whole rest? I think that would be an obvious feature.

Thanks!

Posted on May 15, 2020 12:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2020 2:48 AM

Timeline sound recording would be a useful tool to have in Keynote, however Recorded Slideshow is limited by replacing the sound recording from a specific slide onwards, the original recording is removed from the start of the new recording onwards.

I never use recorded slide show for this reason, I use QuickTime and GarageBand to record and edit then place the sound files either on each slide or as a continuous in Soundtrack.

If you want to preserve the existing recording try this, its a reasonable one off workaround:

1. with keynote closed, back up the Keynote file (right click >Duplicate)
  2. open the Keynote file, go to:   File > Advanced > Change Filetype and select:  Package
  3. save then close Keynote
  4. right click the Keynote file then select show package contents, open the Data folder and copy the movie recording file (right click > copy) then paste on to the desktop
  5. double click the movie file to open in QuickTime player:    File > Export sound only then save to desktop
  6. in Keynote, go to File > Play > Clear  Recording
  7. Save
  8. go to Inspector > Document > Audio and drag the exported sound file from the desktop on to the Soundtrack well
  9. save

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 18, 2020 2:48 AM in response to Bensch

Timeline sound recording would be a useful tool to have in Keynote, however Recorded Slideshow is limited by replacing the sound recording from a specific slide onwards, the original recording is removed from the start of the new recording onwards.

I never use recorded slide show for this reason, I use QuickTime and GarageBand to record and edit then place the sound files either on each slide or as a continuous in Soundtrack.

If you want to preserve the existing recording try this, its a reasonable one off workaround:

1. with keynote closed, back up the Keynote file (right click >Duplicate)
  2. open the Keynote file, go to:   File > Advanced > Change Filetype and select:  Package
  3. save then close Keynote
  4. right click the Keynote file then select show package contents, open the Data folder and copy the movie recording file (right click > copy) then paste on to the desktop
  5. double click the movie file to open in QuickTime player:    File > Export sound only then save to desktop
  6. in Keynote, go to File > Play > Clear  Recording
  7. Save
  8. go to Inspector > Document > Audio and drag the exported sound file from the desktop on to the Soundtrack well
  9. save

Edit audio of recorded presentation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.