Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud photo synchronization

I have updated my storage on iCloud but photos still don’t synchronize between my both devices iPhone and iPad. What should I do to enable synchronization? Thank you.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on May 15, 2020 2:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2020 2:05 AM

Olga555M Said:

Thank you. Both devices synchronized before very well till I started to receive a message that my storage is full and I need to upgrade it up to 200 GB. [...]When I click on upgrade it says that the storage has been upgraded already.

———-

You are welcome.

To Get this to Sync Equally with 200GB:

You need to sign out of and then back in to iCloud on each device. But shut down in between the sign out and sign in.

On the iOS devices...

• To Sign Out of iCloud...
  1. Go To: Settings
  2. Tap: your name(on the very top)
  3. Tap: Sign Out (on the very bottom)

• To Manually Shut Down:
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Shut Down (on the very bottom)

In Depth:

1. Sign Out: of iCloud on each device
  2. Shut Down: each device manually
  3. Wait: 30 seconds before powering on
  4. Power On: each device
  5. Sign In: to iCloud on each device
7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2020 2:05 AM in response to Olga555M

Olga555M Said:

Thank you. Both devices synchronized before very well till I started to receive a message that my storage is full and I need to upgrade it up to 200 GB. [...]When I click on upgrade it says that the storage has been upgraded already.

———-

You are welcome.

To Get this to Sync Equally with 200GB:

You need to sign out of and then back in to iCloud on each device. But shut down in between the sign out and sign in.

On the iOS devices...

• To Sign Out of iCloud...
  2. Tap: your name(on the very top)
  3. Tap: Sign Out (on the very bottom)

• To Manually Shut Down:
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Shut Down (on the very bottom)

In Depth:

1. Sign Out: of iCloud on each device
  2. Shut Down: each device manually
  3. Wait: 30 seconds before powering on
  4. Power On: each device
  5. Sign In: to iCloud on each device

May 15, 2020 8:35 PM in response to Olga555M

Olga555M Said:

"iCloud photo synchronization: I have updated my storage on iCloud but photos still don’t synchronize between my both devices iPhone and iPad. What should I do to enable synchronization? Thank you."

-------

Three Thoughts:

• Peform a Manual Shutdown:
  1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Select: Shut Down

Once Shut Down: Power this back up, seeing if this has now changed.

• How Many Photos?:

With a lot of photos, it may take some time to sync. If they are newly-created (just now), then give it a few. It will all sync.

• Are they on the Apple ID?:

Make sure these two devices are associated to the same Apple ID - elsewise, they will not sync.

May 16, 2020 12:35 AM in response to TheLittles

Thank you. Both devices synchronized before very well till I started to receive a message that my storage is full and I need to upgrade it up to 200 GB. This message I had on both devices when I opened Photos. Then I purchased the new upgrade of storage and photos didn’t synchronize. I tried a lot. But still do not work. And both my devices are connected to the same Apple ID. When I open my iCloud via browser it has the same photos as on my iPad but no iPhone recent photos. Also having now the new iCloud space I continue to get the same message to upgrade the storage on iPhone. When I click on upgrade it says that the storage has been upgraded already. Help!

iCloud photo synchronization

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.