Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore ios12.4 backup to a new iPad os device

Purchasing a new iPad mini with A12 bionic chip. I want restore the ios12.4 backup from my iPad mini2  to the new ios13 device. Can this be done without causing the new device to run on ios12?

iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on May 15, 2020 6:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2020 8:34 PM

Not all apps are compatible with iOS 13, some of the ones I had before do not work on this version, but most of them do. You should be able to restore your backup from the previous version and get the information that is needed. You will have to download the apps again if they don’t automatically when the restore is done. However, your pictures and other things that you had on your iPad should flow over just fine.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 15, 2020 8:34 PM in response to pricey45

Not all apps are compatible with iOS 13, some of the ones I had before do not work on this version, but most of them do. You should be able to restore your backup from the previous version and get the information that is needed. You will have to download the apps again if they don’t automatically when the restore is done. However, your pictures and other things that you had on your iPad should flow over just fine.

Restore ios12.4 backup to a new iPad os device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.