Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoneX wireless connectivity (wifi, mobile data) acting strange

Dear Community,

On my iphoneX using ios 13.4.1, most of my apps run perfectly well with WiFi or mobile data. However, some apps cannot run with wifi and some other apps cannot run with mobile data.

For those not running with wifi, I get the following error message: Wi-Fi is turned off for "app" You can turn on Wi-Fi for this app in Settings. The problem is that I do not have the option to turn on or off wifi for individual apps.

For those not running with mobile data, I get the following error message: Mobile data is turned off for "app" You can turn on mobile data for this app in Settings. When I do so, iphone turns mobile data off again by itself.

I have called several times apple support and followed below instructions:

-delete and reinstall apps

-turn off and on plane mode

-reboot iphone

-delete company profile

-reset network settings (3 times)

-reset completely iphone and install as new (2 times. 6 hour process each time to re-install all apps)

None of the above actions solved the problem.

Last detail: I bought my iphone in France and I use it in China.

I hope this community will be able to help me solving this issue apple support has not been able to manage so far.

Thanks

iPhone X

Posted on May 16, 2020 1:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2020 3:32 AM

Is this your corporate iPhone? Do you have any profile installed by your corporate / organisation / enterprise / School Management then please contact the system administrator of your corporate / organisation / enterprise / School Management

If you have installed any profile on your own --> Install or remove configuration profiles on iPhone - Apple ...

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2020 3:32 AM in response to PatalChina

Is this your corporate iPhone? Do you have any profile installed by your corporate / organisation / enterprise / School Management then please contact the system administrator of your corporate / organisation / enterprise / School Management

If you have installed any profile on your own --> Install or remove configuration profiles on iPhone - Apple ...

Jun 5, 2020 5:38 PM in response to PatalChina

I have upgraded to ios 13.5.1. It solved all mobile data issues! What a relief!

However, I get new wifi issues with apple apps (mail, podcast, reminders) not able to connect to wifi... Same strange message: Wi-Fi is turned off for "app" You can turn on Wi-Fi for this app in Settings. Again, this option does not exist on my phone.

@Apple, as a customer, this is a terrible experience very far from your usual standards. I hope version 13.5.2 will put an end to this joke.

iphoneX wireless connectivity (wifi, mobile data) acting strange

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.