Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I buy music if I also have an Apple Music subscription?

I am using Apple Music (the app) on Catalina. I also have an Apple Music (the service) subscription.

Sometimes, I want to just use the Apple Music Service to add a track to my library, and I don't care if I actually own it in the sense of "still having it if I cancel Apple Music". But sometimes I do care, and so for those things, I'd like to buy them.

The problem is I only see the "Add To Library" + symbol, and don't seem to have any option to buy the track (ie, I never see the price button for the song or for the album).

Is there literally no way to buy music anymore if I've got an Apple Music subscription?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 16, 2020 2:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2020 6:49 AM

Dredd,

Are you sure you are doing the search in the iTunes Store? If you don't see the Store, enable it via Music > preferences > General, Show iTunes Store (clip below).

5 replies

How do I buy music if I also have an Apple Music subscription?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.