Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Excessive data use by Apple Services

I have recently noticed (the last two months) that I have been using up my mobile data quota faster than usual. When I checked on the usage through my service provider’s self help app, I found out that on a couple of occasions in the last 10 days around 23 GB has been consumed by Apple Services (11 GB on one day and 12 GB on another). There was similar behavior the previous month.

I hadn’t consciously downloaded anything during that time. I thought it maybe software updates, but I do that through WiFi and during the night (what has been used up is my daytime data quota). I have been using the same phone (6s) for several years now and I have never had this issue before. Only in the last two months.

Any help in this regard would be appreciated. Thanks

iPhone 6s

Posted on May 16, 2020 3:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2020 4:11 AM

I think the issue was with Music. Auto download was on. Switched it off now so let’s see if things settle down. Thanks

Similar questions

3 replies

Excessive data use by Apple Services

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.