Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't open Apple News App and Restriction is missing in Setting -> General

As the title says. It has been bothering me for a while. The App is missing, and if I try to redownload it from the App Store (which shows "Open" instead of the redownload icon), it says "Restriction Enabled" while I can't even find where "Restriction" is. Also I live in the US and the region is set correctly.

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on May 16, 2020 5:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2020 10:54 AM

OK I resolved this issue myself, here’s what I did: I change the region, which was set to US, to UK, waited for the “Changing the Region” prompt to finish, and then changed back to US.

This is a very weird problem indeed, as my phone apparently “think” it was not in the US although it never travelled out of the country, and changing the region once and switching back fixed that.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2020 10:54 AM in response to fflonestar

OK I resolved this issue myself, here’s what I did: I change the region, which was set to US, to UK, waited for the “Changing the Region” prompt to finish, and then changed back to US.

This is a very weird problem indeed, as my phone apparently “think” it was not in the US although it never travelled out of the country, and changing the region once and switching back fixed that.

Can't open Apple News App and Restriction is missing in Setting -> General

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.