Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

need to upgrade to High Sierra/Catalina not compatible with my WORD and lost job so can

Desperately need to upgrade my OS but Catalina isn't compatible with my older WORD. Lost my job (thanks Covid) so can't afford to get a new OFFICE. Friends have suggested High Sierra but when i try to download it wants to use iTunes and i get the message that its no longer available in the US. I search Apple store and nothing. HELP!!!!!!!

MacBook Air

Posted on May 16, 2020 5:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2020 5:54 AM

I have that same problem before, a 32bit Application will not work on Catalina. Apple provides Free applications Pages (equivalent to Ms Word), Numbers (Excel), and Keynote (PowerPoint). They are very easy to use and got rich contents as well. Is there any special functionalities on MS Word you use?

3 replies

May 16, 2020 8:41 AM in response to Raldy

Apple's Pages, Numbers, and Keynote are not clones of, nor are they equivalent to the respective Microsoft applications. There are a great many features in the Microsoft applications that are simply missing in Apple's applications because there was never any intention of competing on feature sets.

A much closer product suite in document compatibility with MS Office applications is the free, 64-bit LibreOffice Suite — which is purposely built as a superset, MS Office clone.

need to upgrade to High Sierra/Catalina not compatible with my WORD and lost job so can

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.