Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera import issues with macbook pro

hi, i have a canon camera that i shot a 4k video on, but i can't import the video to my mac because it says it's an unrecognisable file. normal videos and such can be imported, can anyone help?

here's the message

"this item cannot be added to your photo library because it may be an unrecognizable file format"

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on May 16, 2020 6:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2020 10:08 AM

Have you imported photos and videos from this camera before?

Hold down the Option keys and go to the  menu and select System Information. Go down the sidebar to RAW Support, click on it and check to see if your camera is supported:

Similar questions

9 replies

May 16, 2020 9:12 AM in response to timmy190

What camera? This seems to come up every so often, and I don't know that I have seen any definitive answer.

It might be card related. Is it a full size card, or a micro with adapter? Have you formatted the card in the camera recently?

I know it won't help with these videos, but you might try re-formatting the card in the camera.

You might give Canon a call, they have excellent phone support. The techs have cameras there and they try things on actual hardware as you go along - they don't just read it from a screen. The Canon support boards are pretty good too.

Camera import issues with macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.