Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook not running

when i hit the power button the whitish gray screen comes up

as usual but then a folder with question mark on kept flashing!!! and thats it! it won't do anything except me hit the power button to shut it down.

is a MacBook 2007 or 2009 not sure

what does the folder with question mark MEAN

and how do i fix it?

MacBook

Posted on May 16, 2020 7:30 AM

6 replies

May 16, 2020 1:54 PM in response to shareilie

If your notebook came originally with OS X Snow Leopard or earlier, then it (most likely) does not have a Recovery Partition nor it can perform an Internet Recovery. In this case, your only option is to use the original installation CD that came with this Mac to attempt to resolve this issue.

Ref: Command R not working! How to reinstall macOS if Recovery won't work - Macworld

MacBook not running

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.