Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Photos Disabled

Has anyone seen this issue? I'm running the Photos app on the latest macOS Catalina 10.15.4 and no luck. In addition, a few videos I had uploaded previously seem not to go away when I delete them. Tried logging into my iCloud account to delete them from there and no luck. Also tried disabling/re-enabling iCloud for Photos on all my devices without luck.

Any help is much appreciated!

Regards,

Rick

iMac 27", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 16, 2020 2:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2020 11:06 AM

To anyone facing this issue, here's the solution:

** Mange sure you download / have a copy of all your iCloud Photo content before following these steps since this will clean up all of it**

Under "System Preferences", click "Apple ID". Select "iCloud" on the left-hand panel and click the "Manage..." to manage your iCloud Storage. Select "Photos" on the left-hand side and click "Turn Off and Delete...". Once this is done, re-enable iCloud storage for photos within the same menu itself.

Only by disabling/enabling Photos on the prior menu itself (Apps on this Mac using iCloud) won't do the trick and your iCloud content will persistently reappear. Trying to delete photos solely from https://icloud.apple.com also will not do the trick. The only reliable option to get rid of all your photo content from iCloud seems to be using the "Turn Off and Delete" option as described above in my post.

Hope this helps other users facing this issue.

Regards,

Rick

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2020 11:06 AM in response to rickca

To anyone facing this issue, here's the solution:

** Mange sure you download / have a copy of all your iCloud Photo content before following these steps since this will clean up all of it**

Under "System Preferences", click "Apple ID". Select "iCloud" on the left-hand panel and click the "Manage..." to manage your iCloud Storage. Select "Photos" on the left-hand side and click "Turn Off and Delete...". Once this is done, re-enable iCloud storage for photos within the same menu itself.

Only by disabling/enabling Photos on the prior menu itself (Apps on this Mac using iCloud) won't do the trick and your iCloud content will persistently reappear. Trying to delete photos solely from https://icloud.apple.com also will not do the trick. The only reliable option to get rid of all your photo content from iCloud seems to be using the "Turn Off and Delete" option as described above in my post.

Hope this helps other users facing this issue.

Regards,

Rick

iCloud Photos Disabled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.