Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Disable iCloud Photos on macOS High Catalina

My Photos of my macOS stops syncing for 6 weeks.

When I try to disable Photos from iCloud my preference app crash.

MacBook Pro 15″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Aug 22, 2020 3:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2020 12:31 PM

Hi everyone. I attempt to restore the system from a Time Machine backup, but the problem doesn't solve.

Issue solved by formatting my Mac and installing High Sierra 10.13 and set up all my apps from scratch.

My iPhoto library finally synchronised, and still functioning correctly after I upgrade my macOS to High Catalina 10.15.7 (19H2).

The problem that I am facing now is that my event folders didn't synchronise. All my photos (139.917) downloaded, and my library is up-to-date, but my albums did not, although that exists into my iCloud / iPad /iPhone.

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2020 12:31 PM in response to Cp.Denny

Hi everyone. I attempt to restore the system from a Time Machine backup, but the problem doesn't solve.

Issue solved by formatting my Mac and installing High Sierra 10.13 and set up all my apps from scratch.

My iPhoto library finally synchronised, and still functioning correctly after I upgrade my macOS to High Catalina 10.15.7 (19H2).

The problem that I am facing now is that my event folders didn't synchronise. All my photos (139.917) downloaded, and my library is up-to-date, but my albums did not, although that exists into my iCloud / iPad /iPhone.

Aug 22, 2020 7:42 PM in response to Cp.Denny

Hello Cp.Denny,

We're happy to help with this trouble you're having with your iCloud Photos. Are you using the most recent version of macOS Catalina? Use the steps here to check, and update if needed:

How to update the software on your Mac

Also, do you have access to another internet network to test this issue? Let us know, and we can go from there if needed.

Take care and be safe.

Aug 23, 2020 1:10 PM in response to Cp.Denny

Hi again Cp.Denny,

Thanks for checking that for us. Since tying to disable Photos in iCloud causes the preferences to crash, let's try booting the computer in safe mode to isolate this issue. Get the steps to do so here:

How to use safe mode on your Mac

This article provides guidance to follow if the issue does or does not replicate is safe mode.

Feel free to reach back out if you have any questions.

Have a great day!

Can't Disable iCloud Photos on macOS High Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.