You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Air App Update Issues

I have an original Air that cannot be updated past iOS 12. When the unit was originally updated from iOS 11 I had no issues updating apps. However, starting with the last three updates (the newest being 12.4.5) I began getting errors when updating apps.

The error states that the app cannot be updated because it was refunded or purchased with a different Apple ID.

I do not have many purchased apps, so a while back I simply deleted and re-installed the ones causing issues. The problem has re-appeared. This time one of the apps that refuse to download is the "Apple Store" app. I should be able to do as I had before and just delete/re-install but it's a PITA and I shouldn't have to. Besides, if the Store app itself cannot be updated where does that leave me?

Has anyone else seen this and resolved the issue? Thanks.

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on May 16, 2020 3:06 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 16, 2020 4:20 PM

Is this Apple Store app the one that accesses the various Apple Website product accessory stores locations?

You cannot delete the Apple iOS App Store app.

The Apple Store app is just a shortcut app to all of Apple's accessories locations found in different parts of Apple's Website.

You can still find all of this merchandise for sale by going into the various Apple website device tabs on Apple's main Website page and go into each Apple computing product category and you can find the Apple Store merchandise under all of the product category Accessories tab/icon/button.

You do not need the Apple Store app to find all of the merchandise for sale by Apple.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 16, 2020 4:20 PM in response to sbmocp

Is this Apple Store app the one that accesses the various Apple Website product accessory stores locations?

You cannot delete the Apple iOS App Store app.

The Apple Store app is just a shortcut app to all of Apple's accessories locations found in different parts of Apple's Website.

You can still find all of this merchandise for sale by going into the various Apple website device tabs on Apple's main Website page and go into each Apple computing product category and you can find the Apple Store merchandise under all of the product category Accessories tab/icon/button.

You do not need the Apple Store app to find all of the merchandise for sale by Apple.

May 16, 2020 6:23 PM in response to sbmocp

sbmocp wrote:

That's nice to know, thanks. I was afraid that app, if left un-updated, would not allow further purchases or updates through the App Store.

No, you can still make purchases without the app.

I do this all the time on older iPads, running older iOS versions, that no longer support the Apple Store app.

No problems.

iPad Air App Update Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.