Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imported Internet Accounts ignored

I just got a new 2020 MB Air and am doing the usual dance migrating files from my old MB Pro.

I ran Migration Assistant and all seemed well, but...

I opened up Mail and was asked to set up the accounts. I went into Library/Accoounts and found the accounts from the MBPro were migrated...but there are new ones there that automatically pop up if I remove them. Accounts3 is the MB Pro accounts. Why has Accounts4 been created and how do I avoid having to reenter all my account settings from scratch? Ugh....

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on May 16, 2020 3:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2020 9:14 PM

I got everything working finally by manually copying information about the internet accounts over from the MB Pro. What a PITA.

Total time to get my new MB air up and running? About seven hours, including wiping out my user account and rerunning Migration Assistant, seeing that the migration was still broken in the new user account, then just copying the information field by field as needed. I had to manually import all my saved mail.

If the Apple Store wasn't closed due to the COVID-19 lockdown, I would have just driven to the store and demanded somebody fix it for me. Definitely the worst setup of a new Mac I've ever had to do, and I've owned Macs for over 30 years.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2020 9:14 PM in response to mudbucker

I got everything working finally by manually copying information about the internet accounts over from the MB Pro. What a PITA.

Total time to get my new MB air up and running? About seven hours, including wiping out my user account and rerunning Migration Assistant, seeing that the migration was still broken in the new user account, then just copying the information field by field as needed. I had to manually import all my saved mail.

If the Apple Store wasn't closed due to the COVID-19 lockdown, I would have just driven to the store and demanded somebody fix it for me. Definitely the worst setup of a new Mac I've ever had to do, and I've owned Macs for over 30 years.

Imported Internet Accounts ignored

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.