Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Folders" stack icon on desktop - Catalina

Just updated to Catalina and a new "Folders" stack icon has appeared on desktop (see below). It has no associated folders even though there are several folders on my desktop. In other words, this Folders stack is not stacking my desktop folders - if that is what it is supposed to do. How do I get it to work, or if I can't get it to work, how do I remove the useless Folders stack icon from my desktop. Thanks.

Posted on May 17, 2020 10:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2020 10:43 AM

Owlman1 wrote:

Just updated to Catalina and a new "Folders" stack icon has appeared on desktop (see below). It has no associated folders even though there are several folders on my desktop. In other words, this Folders stack is not stacking my desktop folders - if that is what it is supposed to do. How do I get it to work, or if I can't get it to work, how do I remove the useless Folders stack icon from my desktop. Thanks.
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/dcf0d326-df5a-4f64-87a8-29cb939d9e1a

Control click on the Desktop for options.

How to use Stacks on your Mac - Apple Support

You can try relaunching the Finder

>Force Quit>Finder>Relaunch

Organize files in stacks on Mac - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2020 10:43 AM in response to Owlman1

Owlman1 wrote:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/dcf0d326-df5a-4f64-87a8-29cb939d9e1a

Control click on the Desktop for options.

How to use Stacks on your Mac - Apple Support

You can try relaunching the Finder

>Force Quit>Finder>Relaunch

Organize files in stacks on Mac - Apple Support

"Folders" stack icon on desktop - Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.