Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Play Music by Genre in new Music App on Mac...missing?

Did we lose the ability to play music by genre in the new Mac Music app? I am no longer seeing it, just artist, albums, songs, and recently added. It was nice to select a genre and then shuffle to get an all day randomized play, depending on the genre you wanted to listen to. I have discovered a number of 'forgotten favorites' this way, but the ability to do that seems to be missing.

-MB

Posted on May 17, 2020 10:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2020 10:49 AM

Found it..finally! There is an edit button next to library, it will enable you to check Genres. Apparently 'unchecked' or off by default with the new Library (still not sure where that came from, but that is another topic I am looking into separately).

Similar questions

2 replies

May 17, 2020 10:41 AM in response to monte184

OK...I just found something weird....I have a My Library (no genre), and noticed I could change libraries and see I one based on my Name, which will then expose Genre and Composers as well the other options. Did moving to the Music App create a new Library of music? I don't recall having anything other than my one library previously.

Play Music by Genre in new Music App on Mac...missing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.