Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music Cancellation

Hello everyone! I have an issue that I'm dealing with. So I canceled Apple Music for personal reasons and I'm trying to download my previously purchased songs into my library and then syncing it onto my phone using a wired connection. Problem is that when I sync them onto my phone and I try playing them, it's like it plays a short sample of the song and then prompts me to renew my Apple Subscription, which I don't want. Although on my PC I'm able to play the song fully and not get prompted with an Apple Music renewal. I don't want to be forced to renew the subscription in order to play my purchased songs I used money for.

I've been reading on a few other forums and people have been saying that when you have Apple Music and you go to purchase a song, it's linked with the cloud services or something.

Thank you for taking the time to read and have a nice day!

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on May 17, 2020 10:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2020 1:16 PM

Yes, your iPhone storage seems just fine.

If this happened to me, the next thing I would try is signing out and then back into my Apple ID. The way to do this is at Settings > [your Apple ID], scroll down to the bottom and tap “Sign out”. Then sign back in after a short while.

10 replies

May 21, 2020 9:30 AM in response to sberman

Yeah I made sure that it was toggled off before syncing them onto my phone. The song shows that it's downloaded onto my phone, but it plays just a quick sample of the song and not the full thing. Then it tells me to get Apple Music, which I don't want. Here's a photo to best explain my situation.

For example. So imagine you browse through the iTunes Store and you want to check out a song, it'll just play the sample of it just before purchasing it.

I really don't want to get Apple Music just to be able to play songs that I've purchased. I should have the right to play them even without the subscription.

I think Apple Music is cool and all, but it's not for what I want to do. I have a very huge playlist of personal songs that I've collected over the years. I mainly don't want to be paying for iCloud storage. I want to own my songs forever and not have the feeling that I'm relying on a subscription in order to play them.

Thank You for taking the time to read. Have a nice day

May 27, 2020 11:38 AM in response to sberman

That has fixed my issue!! Thank you so much! I guess the reason that was happening was because it still detected that I had Apple Music or something, so refreshing it fixed it perfectly. It's funny, something as simple as that can fix your issue. I thought it was going to be really complicated. Thanks again, you've been a great help and very patient!! Cheers!

Apple Music Cancellation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.