Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Serious Battery Drain While Sleeping

Hello,

I consider myself fairly tech-savvy but this problem is beyond my knowledge, albeit I have attempted to fix myself but found little success.

Lately I have been experiencing significant battery loss while my MacBook is in "sleep mode." As shown in the image attached, over one night my battery went from ~80% to 3% in the morning which is obviously a problem.

I have done some research and tried things to solve this issue, some of the suggestions helped partially but not entirely. For example turning off Wifi mitigates the problem so instead of losing 50-70% I'd lose around 10-20% with Wifi & Bluetooth turned off. I've heard that MacBooks are supposed to lose around 1-5% a night so the battery loss is still too significant.

It seems as though the battery drains faster while asleep versus when I am using it.

Anyone have any idea what the problem could be or any suggestions to fix it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have a good day

Here is some information to help:

• It's a Macbook 12-inch 2017 (m3) - in nearly mint condition, no external problems
  • Battery is in good condition and works phenomenally when using it (can easily get 10 hours)
  • I have used multiple different Anti-Virus softwares (Avast and others) to try and detect a virus but they all come back with no viruses found
  • I have disabled "Power Nap"
  • I paused all my cloud services (Dropbox, Onedrive) so they won't be syncing throughout the night
  • I am running Mojave 10.14.6
  • It is stored at room temperature

MacBook

Posted on May 17, 2020 9:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2020 6:15 AM

**Update: Problem has been solved by resetting the SMC**

Similar questions

1 reply

Macbook Serious Battery Drain While Sleeping

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.