Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS can't repair the disk

I keep getting this warning nearly evertime I try to eject an external drive named DIAKRIT.

(Screenshot in Danish, see i.e. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7889535 for English warning text.)

After formatting the drive and copying the data back it worked normally for a few times, but the issue suddenly came back. I then purchased a brand new drive, copied the data onto this and worked normally for a few days. Now the warning comes up when I use the new drive as well!

Until the purchase of the new drive I went into Activity Monitor and force quit QuickLook Satellite which allowed me to eject the drive, but since the issue came back I don't think it's the right way of doing it.

Could it be some data on the drive that is corrupt? It's only containing raw cr2/dng image files and jpg's plus Lightroom Catalog files. Or can it be Lightroom that hangs on to it after quitting it?

None of my other drives seem to have this issue.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on May 18, 2020 5:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2020 7:00 AM

Since you have seen this with two different drives, I would suspect something with Lightroom keeping something open or not closing it correctly. I can't imagine the data itself would cause the issues.

Have you tried mounting it and not running Lightroom or QuickLook, then eject it? Maybe copy some files to it to test writing.

If it works normally, then try one or the other programs to see if where you get the issue.

Are you using the same cable from the other drive?

Are the drives from same manufacturer?

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 18, 2020 7:00 AM in response to krislinus

Since you have seen this with two different drives, I would suspect something with Lightroom keeping something open or not closing it correctly. I can't imagine the data itself would cause the issues.

Have you tried mounting it and not running Lightroom or QuickLook, then eject it? Maybe copy some files to it to test writing.

If it works normally, then try one or the other programs to see if where you get the issue.

Are you using the same cable from the other drive?

Are the drives from same manufacturer?

macOS can't repair the disk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.