Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a Macbook air from the year 2016. I have it for about 3 years. Lately, while I am writing a report, every hour, the entire screen freezes and I cannot use my mouse anymore and I have to shut down the computer entirely. What can I do to fix it

Hi! I have a Macbook air from the year 2016. I have it for about 3 years. Lately, while I am writing a report, every hour, the entire screen freezes and I cannot use my mouse anymore and I have to shut down the computer entirely. What can I do to fix this??

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on May 18, 2020 6:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2020 11:43 AM

Please determine if the same problems occur in "Safe Mode": Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac.

It's generally inconvenient to use a Mac in that mode, and I realize it may take some time to draw a conclusion.

2 replies

I have a Macbook air from the year 2016. I have it for about 3 years. Lately, while I am writing a report, every hour, the entire screen freezes and I cannot use my mouse anymore and I have to shut down the computer entirely. What can I do to fix it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.