Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text Send Failure Apple Watch Series 5

So just went from Series 2 watch with iPhone X to Series 5 watch with iPhone 11 Pro Max. I am now having issues sending text messages to my andriod pals...ONLY WHEN I AM NEAR MY PHONE. If I am far away from my phone and the bluetooth/wifi connection is lost I can text anybody, no issues. iMessages with my iPhone friends works either way, near or far from my phone. If I turn off iMessages then I am able to send text messages to my andriodies but I can't permanently have it turned off because I need it so I can iMessage my daughter who has an iPad.

Apple Watch

Posted on May 18, 2020 8:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2020 6:41 AM

Hello Willicry,

I understand that you cannot text from iPhone to Android when your watch is connected to your phone- only when it is disconnected from it. I can definitely help you with this!

The article If you can’t send or receive messages on your Apple Watch should be a great place to start with troubleshooting. I believe that you should be able to start with step 4: Make sure that you are signed in, but it wouldn't hurt to go through them all just in case!

I hope this is able to resolve your issue. If you have any more questions or this does not resolve your issue, please reach back out on the thread!

Cheers

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2020 6:41 AM in response to Willicry

Hello Willicry,

I understand that you cannot text from iPhone to Android when your watch is connected to your phone- only when it is disconnected from it. I can definitely help you with this!

The article If you can’t send or receive messages on your Apple Watch should be a great place to start with troubleshooting. I believe that you should be able to start with step 4: Make sure that you are signed in, but it wouldn't hurt to go through them all just in case!

I hope this is able to resolve your issue. If you have any more questions or this does not resolve your issue, please reach back out on the thread!

Cheers

May 19, 2020 10:14 AM in response to chrisg_01

Did all the steps. No resolution to my issue.

My instinct is telling me that for some reason my watch automatically treats all my contacts as iMessage users when I’m close proximity to my phone. Thus when trying to iMessage an andriod user it gets stuck and can’t send. Is there a way to turn off iMessage just for my watch and have it work solely on cellular data?

May 19, 2020 11:14 AM in response to Willicry

Willicry,

Thank you for the additional information regarding your device.

Unfortunately there is not an option to turn off iMessage solely on the watch, however, it may be a good troubleshooting step to sign out and back into iCloud on your phone to see if that will "reset" iMessage.

If this does not do anything to resolve the issue either, I would reach out to Apple Support.

Cheers.

Text Send Failure Apple Watch Series 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.