Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an old MacBook running 10.5.8 which has a problem starting up, so I am trying to connect it to an older iBook

Hi All

I have an old MacBook running 10.5.8 which has a problem starting up, so I am trying to connect it to an older iBook using target disc mode running 10.3 (Only other mac I had with firewire). The issue i have is the Older iBook can not read the MacBook and states "disk you have inserted a disk containing no volumes that mac osx can read". Is the because the Ibook system old? Im positive there is nothing physically wrong with the hard drive

Thanks in advance

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 18, 2020 8:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2020 11:18 AM

Run the hardware test and see if the hard disk has failed, all discussions of positivity aside. Back that far, the hardware test was usually in the installer DVD for the Mac.

Similar questions

4 replies

I have an old MacBook running 10.5.8 which has a problem starting up, so I am trying to connect it to an older iBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.