Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activity app doesn’t sync with iphone

Hi everybody!

my activity app has stopped syncing to my iPhone. App on watch works fine, but when I open the iPhone app it says ”start using the iPhone app by first setting the activity on your apple watch”- and that’s it. It has worked great before...

Posted on May 18, 2020 1:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2020 2:58 PM

This doesn't work. Watch side Activity app is accurately recording everything. iPhone side App does not see any activity. This started after i updated watch to 6.2.x (after updating my phone to 13.5). I just updated both devices to the latest released this week, but no effect. Unpair/re-pair or unpair/new have no effect.

It appears the Activity App duo do not communicate with each other anymore. New Watch/Activity doesn't transfer to iPhone. Old iPhone/Activity data doesn't show up on Watch. Very frustrating. All I see are suggestions to unpair and setup new...

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2020 2:58 PM in response to Community User

This doesn't work. Watch side Activity app is accurately recording everything. iPhone side App does not see any activity. This started after i updated watch to 6.2.x (after updating my phone to 13.5). I just updated both devices to the latest released this week, but no effect. Unpair/re-pair or unpair/new have no effect.

It appears the Activity App duo do not communicate with each other anymore. New Watch/Activity doesn't transfer to iPhone. Old iPhone/Activity data doesn't show up on Watch. Very frustrating. All I see are suggestions to unpair and setup new...

Jul 24, 2020 7:30 AM in response to rao244

Think I’m at the same point. I’ve restarted everything, checked location services are on everything. It’s not the watch, it’s the Activity app. All my workout data is on my watch and in the Health app, but not in the activity app! Doesn’t make sense. What was stranger for me is that my friend who I share my data with got immediate notification of me having completed a walk with him, award and all, yet me iPhone couldn’t tell me anything! My watch must be sharing the data correctly to the iPhone for that to happen. I refuse to lose all my old workout data, so Apple need to come up with a solution. This was caused by a watch iOS update I think as my data is missing from around the same time

Jul 9, 2020 2:33 AM in response to rao244

Are you still having this problem? My watch just stopped syncing with my iPhone yesterday morning after a little bit of activity. I can't figure out how to fix it. For about a week now, my battery has been dying very quickly when normally I have plenty of power left at the end of every day. The night before it stopped syncing activity I had to put my watch on reserve power mode (or something like that). I wondered if that had something to do with the syncing problem.

Jul 10, 2020 1:16 PM in response to pcjae

Yes, finally solved the problem. In my case, the issue appears to be with my iPhone not my watch. I fixed it but reinstalling my phone OS from scratch.

I backed up my iPhone to iCloud. Unpaired my watch. Reset iOS on the phone. Redid the pairing from scratch. I got all my apps back but lost previous activity. I was ok with that but both devices sync activity.

Activity app doesn’t sync with iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.