Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages can't create or open documents "com.apple.Documentmanager Error 1"

I had an issue with Pages today and was unable to create a new document or use a template. I got an error message "com.apple.Documentmanager Error 1" After resetting the iPad and reinstalling pages a couple of times I searched on here to discover other people having the issue.

I've fixed it now and wanted to share what worked in case anyone else comes across this error.

Go into the files app and launch an existing file from the Pages folder on your device. Once the file had opened Pages is up and running again. Hope that helps anyone else who has the issue.

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on May 19, 2020 4:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2020 10:53 AM

Hello,

Try resetting iPad's settings in Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. Be certain you do not select Erase All Content and Settings as this will erase all of your information. It is a good idea to perform a backup of your iPad prior to resetting its settings.

2 replies

Pages can't create or open documents "com.apple.Documentmanager Error 1"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.