Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos Export Error

Hello! I'm having trouble exporting photos from my computer to my external hardrive. i'm using a MacBook Air ver. 10.13.6 with 121 gb of storage (if you need more info then ask haha I dont really know anything else)

I have always used to select like 100 photos and videos and transfer/export just fine! I have even tried to drag one video over and still get this error message. The message is attached and reads:

Export Complete With Errors

0 (of 1) files have been exported to:

(folder name in hardrive)

The export operation failed to create a file for the photo identifided below:

(it lists the photo(s) name an the error which states; Could not convert image (1,015) )

before this problem occured I have always downloaded pictures from my iphone 8 plus to my mac then to my external Seagate 4 tb hardrive.

At some point about three weeks ago I went to export photos from my mac to the hardrive, this hardrive then basically locked itself and would not let me export, import, nor move/edit things withing the hardrive (I attacted a screenshot below of the error message) it would say the following

macOS can't repair the disk (my drive name)

you can still open or copy files on the disk, but you can't save changes to files on the disk. Back up and reformat it as soon as you can.

Now, after I had time to sit down and try to figure this out I got another hardrive because my other one essentially broke (I am fixing it); going back to my CURRENT problem I now have another error message (attached as well and stated above) if anyone can provide insight to this my grattitude is extened to you!

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on May 19, 2020 8:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2020 1:10 PM

Hello! thank you for the reply! I actually spoke with and Apple Adviser and the problem was solved. I just moved the videos from the photo app to my desktop and then from my desktop to my hardrive! Thank you for the help and information!

Similar questions

2 replies

May 20, 2020 7:02 AM in response to edgy_bubble

Hello, edgy_bubble.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand you're having troubles with exporting photos on your Mac. I'd like to help. Is it just the one file you're having issues with or is it multiple files?

Here are a couple articles that may help, check them out:

Get help with the Photos app on your Mac

I would also suggest seeing if the issue occurs in safe mode and a test user account:

How to use safe mode on your Mac

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

One last thing to check, is this only occurring with your external hard drive? Do you have any other external devices like a thumb drive? This would be a good test to see if the hard drive is the issue or not.

Keep me updated.

Cheers!

Photos Export Error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.