Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error Exporting Photos from Photos

Hello, I'm trying to get all of my photos moved off my laptop and onto an external hard drive -- in doing this, I want to export them out of Photos so I don't have to go through the app forever. I have around 25,000 images to move. Every time I try to move them, it tells me there is an error and it is unable to complete ANY of the copies. I've tried exporting them onto two different external hard drives, onto my desktop, and I've also tried selecting smaller sections of only 200 photos. Nothing works. HELP! I need those photos off my computer because I'm constantly getting hit with "scratch disc is full" errors when I'm working, and I'm so frustrated I can't get these images out of Photos.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 10, 2020 3:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2020 3:29 PM

Please read the following user tip and restate your question/problem in detail

Writing an Effective Apple Support Communities Question - Apple Community  

What system and Photos versions are you running?

Are you running a "managed" or "referenced" library?

Do you have iCloud Library enabled. If so, do you also have "Optimize Mac Storage" enabled?

How are the external HDs formatted?

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 10, 2020 3:29 PM in response to tiffanylea-ok

Please read the following user tip and restate your question/problem in detail

Writing an Effective Apple Support Communities Question - Apple Community  

What system and Photos versions are you running?

Are you running a "managed" or "referenced" library?

Do you have iCloud Library enabled. If so, do you also have "Optimize Mac Storage" enabled?

How are the external HDs formatted?

Error Exporting Photos from Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.