Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 messaging issue

My wife's iPhone 5 has group text issues. As evidenced in attached screen shot from my iPhone below, she is added then removed from group texts (others see this but she does not) but doesn't actually receive the text in real time, though her iPad does receive it through forwarding from her iPhone. I have verified that her AppleID uses her cell number and is set for Group and MMS Messaging. This is very frustrating and annoying to all of us. Any suggestions on how to resolve? Thanks!

iPhone 5

Posted on May 19, 2020 10:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2020 7:15 AM

Howdy SAD27,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand that group chats are having some trouble on your iPhone 5. Let’s take a look and see what we can do. I'm happy to help!

Let's first make sure the iPhone 5 is fully up-to-date on the latest software that it can receive. If there is an update available, please make sure your backup the iPhone before performing the update or performing any resets on your device.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Next, let's make sure that the time zone is set to automatically update.

How to get updated time zone information for your Apple device

If issues persist, let's do the following.

• Go to Settings > Messages, Turn iMessage off.

• Reset your Network Settings. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you’ve used before.

• After your iPhone is through restarting, turn iMessage back on.

Please respond back if you continue to have any issues.

Best regards!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2020 7:15 AM in response to SAD27

Howdy SAD27,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand that group chats are having some trouble on your iPhone 5. Let’s take a look and see what we can do. I'm happy to help!

Let's first make sure the iPhone 5 is fully up-to-date on the latest software that it can receive. If there is an update available, please make sure your backup the iPhone before performing the update or performing any resets on your device.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Next, let's make sure that the time zone is set to automatically update.

How to get updated time zone information for your Apple device

If issues persist, let's do the following.

• Go to Settings > Messages, Turn iMessage off.

• Reset your Network Settings. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you’ve used before.

• After your iPhone is through restarting, turn iMessage back on.

Please respond back if you continue to have any issues.

Best regards!

iPhone 5 messaging issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.