Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Send Message from Phone to Email

I want to be able to send a message from my iPhone to my Comcast email address. But when I try, it always comes to my phone.

Please note that I can send a message from my iPhone to my gmail email address. Works great!

When I got my phone I used my Comcast email address both as my email address and my Apple ID. So I think Apple identifies my phone with my Comcast email address and thinks it's logical to send messages to my phone.

I changed my Apple ID to my gmail email address, but that hasn't helped.

In case you're curious, the reason I want to do this is because all day long I sit at my computer and when my family carries on discussions through texting (messages) I'd prefer to be receiving my correspondence on my computer via my Comcast email address.

A family member with an iPhone has the same problem I do. If they send a message to my Comcast e-mail address I get it as a message on my iPhone. But this doesn't happen if the family member doesn't use an iPhone, so it's an iPhone or Apple issue.

Thank you.

Posted on May 19, 2020 3:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2020 7:04 PM

Changing my Apple ID e-mail address as I said I did above was the right thing to do.

The problem was that for it to fully take effect, I needed to sign-out and then sign-in on my phone.

That fixed it!

Similar questions

8 replies

May 19, 2020 6:40 PM in response to Eric Root

In both cases I am talking about sending a Message (aka text message) to one of my email addresses.

If I (or a family member with an iPhone) sends the Message to my gmail address, it gets there just fine. But if the Message is sent to my Comcast email address, it ends up coming to my iPhone as a Message.

Oh, and this may be a clue!

My family members could send a Message from their iPhones to my Comcast email address just fine before I got an iPhone. Now their Messages they send to my Comcast email address go to my iPhone.

That's why I think Apple figures if they are sending a message, it should go to a phone. And Apple associated my phone with the Comcast address I used to buy my phone, and originally used for my Apple ID (which I have now changed to my gmail address).

This isn't the most important thing in the world right now, and it may not be fixable. But I like to solve logical stuff, and there's usually an answer if you can find it.

Thanks for asking!

May 19, 2020 7:19 PM in response to Eric Root

For example:

I take a photo with my iPhone and want to get it to my desktop computer so I can put it on my website. I text Message it to my Comcast email address, but it doesn't get there.

(I guess I misspoke in saying that it goes to my iPhone. It really doesn't go anywhere, but I can see it in Messages on my iPhone because I sent it from there.)

Another example:

I send a Message from my email on my computer to a family member via their phone number. They get the text message (it's not an email), but when they reply to my Comcast email address it goes to my phone as a text Message.

Hope that's clear!

Can't Send Message from Phone to Email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.