Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email adress not showing up in iMessage settings

For iMessage, I want to be able to receive messages on both my phone-number and my email address that is assiocatiod with my Apple account.

On my Ipad, when I go to Settings -> iMessage -> Send & Receive, I have two options: The email adress that is assiocatiod with my Apple account, and another email adress I have.

The strange thing is... on my Iphone (same Apple account) when I go to Settings -> iMessage -> Send & Receive, I have two options: my phone number, and an emailadress from one of my kids.

This is rather strange, I would like to be able to choose my own email adress, but is does not show op in the list, whatever I do. Next to that, it is quite strange that an email adress of one my kids does appear (they all have their own Apple-ID).

Bottomline: I would like to add my own email adress to iMessage, but is not possible.

Any ideas?

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 23, 2023 1:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2023 2:11 AM

Has your iPhone been set up with your Apple ID from the start?

Only then will your Apple ID mail address be listed under "Send & Receive"

Also make sure, that your Mail address and additional mail addresses are part of your Apple ID settings:

Additional email addresses

Many of us have more than one email address that friends and family use to reach us. You can add additional Reachable At email addresses that you use regularly to your Apple ID account, so people can find and communicate with you easily on Apple services, such as FaceTime, Messages, Shared Albums and Find My, and collaborate with you in Pages, Numbers and Keynote.

Add an additional email address

1. Sign in to appleid.apple.com.
  2. Select Personal Information.
  3. Choose Reachable At, then select the Add button .
  4. Enter your additional email address. Make sure you're not already using it as an Apple ID. 
  5. We'll send a verification message to that address. Haven't received the email?
  6. Enter the verification code and select Continue.

Delete an additional email address

2. Select Personal Information, then select Reachable At.
  3. To delete one of your additional email addresses, click the Remove button  next to it.

copied from: About your Apple ID email addresses - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2023 2:11 AM in response to JulesHamers

Has your iPhone been set up with your Apple ID from the start?

Only then will your Apple ID mail address be listed under "Send & Receive"

Also make sure, that your Mail address and additional mail addresses are part of your Apple ID settings:

Additional email addresses

Many of us have more than one email address that friends and family use to reach us. You can add additional Reachable At email addresses that you use regularly to your Apple ID account, so people can find and communicate with you easily on Apple services, such as FaceTime, Messages, Shared Albums and Find My, and collaborate with you in Pages, Numbers and Keynote.

Add an additional email address

2. Select Personal Information.
  3. Choose Reachable At, then select the Add button .
  4. Enter your additional email address. Make sure you're not already using it as an Apple ID. 
  5. We'll send a verification message to that address. Haven't received the email?
  6. Enter the verification code and select Continue.

Delete an additional email address

2. Select Personal Information, then select Reachable At.
  3. To delete one of your additional email addresses, click the Remove button  next to it.

copied from: About your Apple ID email addresses - Apple Support

Email adress not showing up in iMessage settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.